MIND MIX RADIO CHATROOM

Create your own chat.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

News Alert from Heather Dale 5-30-2017

FROM:  Heather Dale heather@heatherdale.com
today at 15:45


Saturday concert, new video series, and interesting rumours!

Hello everyone:
Summer is finally starting, and I couldn't be happier about the warmer weather. It's time for outdoor festivals, new projects and big plans! Without further ado:

Saturday concert

I'm delighted to return to the Brantford Pagan Meet & Greet Festival for their 10th anniversary this Saturday! Come on down & spend a sunny day with your old friends. Everyone is welcome. Festival doors open at 10am. And if it rains – that’s OK too, since the concert will be held indoors :)
WHEN: Saturday, 03 June 2017, 3pm
WHERE: Mohawk Park, 51 Lynnwood Drive, Brantford, Ontario, Canada
HOW MUCH: Free!
Heather Dale & Sage behind the scenes for ASL video for "Bow To The Crown"

American Sign Language Video Series

Right now, I'm in the midst of filming a unique and really exciting "triple storytelling" video project:  I'm collaborating with five Deaf actors on a series of 25 music videos.  As a Hearing person, I usually only get to experience American Sign Language (ASL) when someone is using it to directly translate English... but it's actually a very different language when spoken by lifelong Deaf people.  Thurga, Lisa, Mana, Sage, and Tamyka are all Deaf storytellers; they're not translating my poetry, but instead telling the same story their own way.  So really, each "triple storytelling" video will concurrently feature: 1) written English (my lyrics appearing on screen), 2) sung English (my song recording), and 3) the story retold in American Sign Language (ASL).  I'm loving this project!!  I'm learning so much about the vibrant culture of Deaf people, and making some amazing new friends in the process.  I'll be releasing the series this summer. :)
Lisa and Mana discuss the finer points of "Huron Carol" while Amanda nods knowledgeably.

Rumours!

Just in case you thought I haven't been up to much lately, I thought I'd share a couple of the big things we're working on here at Amphis Music:
- a big Canadian tour, tentatively called "Celtic Spark", for November and December (if you're interested in helping out, or know someone at a theatre or church or hall that might like to book the show, please email ben@heatherdale.com)
- a new album of all-original songs! I have so many great ideas swirling around that are just waiting to come out...
Thurga as Morgana in "Mordred's Lullaby". She's not going to get any more work as a babysitter...
Thanks and see you soon! Cheers, H :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All News Pipeline Feeds

TheMentalMilitia - Feed

Living Legendary

Living Legendary
Well met.